Rant update. I, like you (presumably), have kept up with this abhorrent scandal that has happened in our Town. It is quite surreal opening the papers, watching the news and listening to the radio and hearing your birthplace and home being dragged through the mud all because of some very sick corrupt groomers and the several institutions that let this happen.
I have sat and thought about this as I don’t really find knee-jerk reactions useful. And for us to move on there does need to be a clear out. But I’m not into sweeping statements so I wouldn’t (like others have) call for mass resignation without reason. So in my books, this is who should leave:
- Shaun Wright PCC – Top of the list. It goes without saying the momentous fuck up this man is. My call for his resignation goes alongside the Prime Ministers’ and Ed Miliband’s.
- Police officer – Any police officer who had been complicit or guilty in this scandal. Such as the police officers who arrested a 15 year old victim and let the 23/24 year old groomer walk free. Or those (if police at all) who raided the risky business office.
- Middle management – who acted as a barrier towards the issue when social workers who raised the issue met a grey wall.
- Joyce Thacker – For whatever little good she has done, her reign over much of this terrible period cannot go un-counted for. She also presided over the UKIP fostering scandal. This woman has to go.
- Everyone who sat on the council in 2005 – my reasoning being that those who attended the seminar knew exactly what was going on and those who didn’t attend would have still been brought up to date on the issue Which leads me onto the following.
- Cllr Caven Vines – Cllr Vines makes the excuse of being in Holland at the time (Red-light district?) But would have been brought up to date with the content of the Seminar.
- Cllr John Turner – The fact that this man sits on our council is a mockery in itself but hey ho. His excuse being that he was warned against bringing it up because it might hinder police investigations yet this Dinosaur was on the council till 2012. He simply let the issue rest.
- John Healey MP – It has become visible from reading other blogs in the past few days that Mr Healey first of all did not want a investigation as early as two years ago. ……… A personal friend of Shaun Wright, he has been active in keeping up to date with the local governance of Rotherham and possibly advised some of his constituent Cllr’s i.e. Shaun Wright and Roger Stone. He also seems to have been texting Shaun Wright messages of support. How much did he know?
- Kevin Barron – Again, how much did he know? A daughter in the cabinet for over a decade. A brother on the council until this year. Colluding with John Healey MP? Denis MacShane stated that when he said Andrew Norfok was only doing his job and was a good journalist for trying to unveil this secret, Kevin Barron scorned him with the look of death.
Questions also lie at the front door of the Town Hall in regards of its new cabinet. Paul Lakin had been the cabinet member for four years? How much did he know and did he do all he could have? Why has Mahroof Hussain, with all his ‘connections’ and position in the community been allowed to stay in the cabinet and Labour Party? Why has Christine Beaumont, a dinosaur who has been adviser to Lakin on children services for three years been allowed to take this same position up? How much did she know? Rumours of bullying and snobbery too. Dominic Beck, from what I understand……..he cannot be blamed for this scandal but having a read of other blogs, all does not seem legit or morally right with how he has earned his current position.
Rant over, feel free to share your views.